Legal Consulting Services
Through Savoca Consulting Services, LLC, Dr. Savoca provides expert legal advice for medical malpractice proceedings involving colorectal surgical issues. The services of an expert witness are required to define the standard of care in cases of alleged professional breach by physicians and assists the legal system define the need for compensatory awards in colorectal surgical cases. Dr. Savoca, by providing expert surgical opinions, assists attorneys defend doctors who are wrongly accused of professional misconduct and earn compensation for those injured by substandard medical care.
Dr. Savoca has provided services in numerous cases in Virginia, Maryland, D.C., Pennsylvania and New York and Florida. He has handled dozens of cases and has appeared at trial numerous times. A partial list of his medico-legal activities are listed below.
- Defense testimony at trial in D.C. with 2.2 million dollars alleged damages in a case of birthing injury as a cause for fecal incontinence resulted in defense verdict
- Defense testimony at trial in Virginia with 1.6 million dollars of alleged damages in a case of cecal volvulus resulted in defense verdict
- Defense testimony at trial in Virginia with 1.2 million dollars of alleged damages in a case of alleged colonic injury during spinal surgery resulted in defense verdict
- Defense opinions at deposition in Virginia with 1.2 million dollars of damages due to alleged surgical error in treating anorectal conditions resulted in case dismissal
- Plaintiff opinions at deposition in Maryland with 3 million dollars of damages due to alleged surgical error in the management of rectal cancer resulted in case settlement
- Current cases under review
- Plaintiff’s expert for case in Maryland concerning intraoperative colonic injury during gynecologic surgery
- Plaintiff’s expert in Pennsylvania case involving splenic rupture during colonoscopy
Dr. Savoca has reviewed dozens of other cases which after review, were deemed unjustified and therefore has prevented costly litigation for physicians wrongly accused and for plaintiffs who wrongly believed that a negative medical result was the consequence of professional malpractice. This important service to attorneys helps to reduce frivolous lawsuits which burden on the legal system and contributes to keeping malpractice insurance costs down as well as protects patients from wasting time and money pursuing a legal avenue which leads nowhere.
Dr. Savoca’s legal consulting services can only be engaged by an attorney and are completely separate from his surgical practice. If you are an attorney seeking case review, please contact Dr. Savoca directly via email [email protected]. If you are a physician seeking a defense expert or a patient involved in or considering litigation, please ask your attorney to contact Dr. Savoca for you. Professional references from attorneys with whom Dr. Savoca has worked are available upon request.
For Dr. Savoca’s expert witness philosophy and sworn statement regarding provision of expert witness services click here